Monday, April 9, 2012

Cabin in the Woods

Happy Day after Easter.  Our Easter was a good one.  I hope yours was too.  This card is for the Splitcoast Queen for the Day challenge #107 located here.
I started with a piece of gold cardstock, embossed  in my Cuttlebug with a woodgrain embossing folder.  Then I added just the TOP paper from a piece of corrugated cardboard that I had sprayed and peeled off.  It was curled and I had a hard time keeping it from crawling off the piece underneath, so I attached it with brads.  The black square - which looks brown - is distressed on the edges.  Next I added the moon which is just a circle punched out of yellow cardstock. Then I stamped the trees with VersaMark and clear embossing powder.  Tthe Art Impressions cabin is stamped with Ranger Vintage Photo,  cut out and glued on. The sentiment is computer generated.

   My better half likes to talk about running away to a cabin in the woods when things get rough.  He has been talking about it lately, so I made him one.  (I'd probably have to go along to cook.) Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment