Sunday, May 6, 2012

Butterflies in the Night

This doesn't happen often, but I could NOT sleep last night - for whatever reason.  I hate tossing and turning.  Seems like such a waste of time.  If I'm going to waste time, I'd like to do it my way, so I got up and headed for the craft room.  At first I just sat there being mad because I couldn't sleep.  Then I started nosing around in the still not unpacked stamps and things that I had bought at a recent stamp fair.
I dug out this grand background by Impression Obsession which measures 5.5 x 5.5" and wondered what I would ever use it on.  When is a bargain NOT a bargain?? My cards are all A2 size.  I stared at it for awhile and then stamped it on a piece of scrap.  It was love at first sight and I knew I had to overcome.   Whooie!  I can almost compete with Basic Grey!   So I inked up a little more than half of it and stamped it on a piece of cardstock with CTMH Desert Sand.  Next I stamped the Stampendous dandelion seed heads with the same color and by then I thought I needed to make at least 25 more of this same card!   How I ever got back to sleep after this, I don't know, but then I decided it needed some color, so I dug in my "small scrap bag" and came up with some very nice matching scraps just big enough to cut a Nestability Butterfly, and I cut three of them and embossed them all.  I think I went to sleep because I felt satisfied.  I love it.

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous. I love the pop of color on the muted background.

    ReplyDelete