Monday, June 11, 2012
I'm back already. This is the other card I made today. It's for the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast located here. This one required us to use half of something. Could be an image, a die, a sentiment or whatever. I used half the doily image.
The background is stamped with All Night Media music that I stamped off the then smudged off a little to make it lighter. The doily and music and rose are all stamped with Ranger Distressed Antique Linen. The rose is colored with copics and I added a beaded flourish and vintage button to the doily.
Today I'm pleased
I can't believe I made two cards today. This first one is for the Clean And Simple challenge on Splitcoast located here. We were to put a white layer on a white layer. What? I think I did it. I usually don't use white, but off white as I did here.
I cut a piece of watercolor paper 1/4" smaller than my off white card front. I ran it through the Cuttlebug to emboss it and then used a Nestabilities die to cut out the center panel - not necessarily in that order.
Next I stamped the flowers and sentiment on the front of the card and popped up the embossed piece with dimensionals. Flowers are by Judith.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
(and if you are not a lady, then more power to you). This is my card for the Featured Stamper challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers today located here.
My computer was tied up half the day because Bob found a virus and did all his restoration and scan stuff all afternoon. Then we sat down to eat and watched a couple neighbor kids shoot a "rocket" into the archery club directly across from our house. Smoke started immediately. The kids went over the fence to check it out, but it's warm and very windy today and it was gone.
Bob ran to check it out and called the Volunteer Fire Dept immediately as this was directly across the road and our house was downwind from the fire. Yikes! The next problem was how to get in the gate. There is a big fence with a locked gate around the archery club and no one knew the combination. I couldn't go home by this time as the smoke was too thick, and it was too far to hold my breath. Bob was at home watering our grass just in case. Thankfully only one evergreen tree at the archery club burned and the rest was grass. If the trees had started, our house might have gone. I am thankful, thankful, thankful. It seems to be over now except for the bad smoke smell in the house.
Now for my card. I have a layer of green and then a layer of dots. Next I cut a Nestabilities Label Die, cut it in half and used one piece on each side of the center strips. The ribbon is glued on to the strips and the "bow" is not a bow, but the leftover piece of twill tied in a knot and stuck on with Zots.
Then I cut two circles with my Coluzzle, offset the top one and stamped a sentiment from Inkadinkado. The edges of the sentiment circle are inked with Ranger Antique Linen. Now I think I will go catch my breath and see if the police car is still sitting at the neighbor's house.
The nice thing about "neighborhood excitement" is that you get to meet neighbors you have never seen before - and we did.
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Awhile back I said I was working on some Garden Art and that I would post a picture. With lots of help from Bob, we finally have mushrooms in the yard. All it takes is some dead logs from our woods, some bowls from Goodwill, a little spray paint and a screw.
OK that's materials. I was picky about my shapes and looked for only stainless steel bowls. I sprayed the insides a pale yellow and - on this first bunch, I used red for the outside. Then I made a pattern which was a circle punched out of paper, laid it on the bowl and sprayed the white. Bob drilled a hole in the center and screwed it to the logs for me. They are by no means perfect, but I'm happy.
The third ones were a little harder. I couldn't find bowls in the perfect shape, but close. I think the hardest part was placing the logs in the ground just right. They ARE NOT just right, but they are staying the way they are and, for this year at least, I have mushroom garden art.
This last set is sprayed orange and left plain with no spots.
When he got half way through drilling these orange ones, my sweetie asked me if the bowls were stainless steel as they would be much harder to drill. Oops! He did a fine job and really the only hard one was the mixing bowl as it has a double bottom. Now I think I need to be done with this type of project for awhile as today we bought LOTS of flowers to plant Have a nice weekend.