Thursday, December 6, 2012

SC414 Ride to Work


The Sketch Challenge on splitcoaststampers.com this week was a challenge for me.  It reminded me of a half shuffled deck of cards, and what do you do with that?  Shuffle it some more, so that's what I did.  Lately when we drive in to work in the morning, the sun is just coming up, and beside complaining because it's in my eyes, I do enjoy the beauty of it.  Some days it's been awesome.  It starts low as a big orange ball.  Then you see it through the trees and finally it's over the top.  Just glorious.  I am such a wannabe artist that I tried to capture it here.  The sun is made with a cork and PSX ink.  The other images are all Victorine Originals and you can find them here.  The flowers are silk from Michaels.  When they get to $1 a stem, I get some and take them all apart.  My background paper is Basic Grey and the tissue strip is Tim Holtz.

3 comments:

  1. For not know what to do with it you really rocked this sketch....I love the sun beaming through the trees!! Your were remembering your time here in our forests...right?? :-) Great work!! --DEB

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Deb. You live in an awesome spot. We have nothing BUT good memories of the time we spent there!

      Carol

      Delete
  2. I thought it looked like a lovely sketch but I haven't had time to make anything yet. I agree that the low sun is no fun for driving in, but it does look spectacular and you've certainly captured that so well!

    ReplyDelete