Wednesday, January 9, 2013

City Lights

Sometimes I struggle with making a card and sometimes I just have a ball.  Today I  had a ball.  I wanted to try out my new Memory Box dies and I got a chance to do it - with a bit of a "wild hair" added on this Splitcoaststampers Wed. Sketch.  I used yellow cardstock for the first die cut which is the Cityscape Silhouette.  They I cut the Cityscape Nightline out of black and put them together.  I wanted a big moon and Nestabilities Petite Oval came to mind, so there you have it.  That's a BIG moon.  I did change some shapes and flip the sketch, but I think that's ok.  I added the red flower instead of the bow on the sketch sample.  The flower is Memory Box Honeyblossom Sprig.  What a cute name for a die.  The stars are from one of my oldest ProvoCraft dies.  I don't know the name but it's stars and snowflakes and I use them all the time.  The sentiment is my only stamp and is Victorine Originals.  I hope you like it too.

2 comments:

  1. Love that splash of red,...the sprig is the perfect additiion to this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I commented on SC, I LOVE this card! The double cityscape is great and the big sunrise and red flower silhouette look so dramatic over top! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete