Wednesday, January 30, 2013

FS312


This is my card for Splitcoaststampers.com Featured Stamper challenge this week located here.  I used a piece of dp cut to A2 size for the background.  Anything left over from a 12x12 piece for me is a scrap, so this is a scrap.

Next I glued vintage music which is pretty frail to a piece of sturdy cardstock and punched Tim Holtz Tattered Florals to make a couple of musical flowers.  I wanted to use four flowers as the Featured Stamper - Bonnie - did, (she used four squares)  but they were too big to fit and it was out of balance, so I "went artistic" for a minute and thought I would add to the music theme.  The notes are Stampabilities stamped with Archival Jet Black, cut out with scissors, and popped up to make the entire card a symphony.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from a stamp fair.  Yay for Stamp Fairs.  I love this card because it's lighthearted at a dreary time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment