Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SC421 - Thank You

This is my card for the Sketch Challenge on splitcoaststamper.com located here.  This is a really cute sketch, but I couldn't seem to get a focus.  So I just kept doing things until this pretty card turned up.  Someone called it "the Creative Process".

The background is an A2 sized scrap of Co'ordinations Tim Holtz Ranger Distressed cardstock.  I guess they all get a piece of the profit today.  I love the stuff.  The stripes are Recollections from Michaels and the pennants - there are two together  - on top are what was left of a discarded paint chip.  I tied a doubled piece of twine - actually a "thread" pulled out of a big piece of burlap, and when one end was longer, I just let it hang because I liked the look.  Didn't want it swinging, so I attached it with a brad.

I cut a Spellbinders Petite Oval from a scrap, embossed the edge and then got to use my new Memory Box Honeyblossom Sprig die which I love.  I just glued it over the top.  Then I decided it better say something.  Ask anyone who knows me, I'm big on "saying something", so I added a Rubbernecker "Thank You".  I am pleased.

2 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL. I love your design and colors - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card! I like the bkgrd color/paper and the scrap pennants are such complimentary colors to it. :)

    ReplyDelete