Thursday, June 27, 2013

HSCRC13 #10

Good Morning,  I have been carrying this card around for several days trying to get a decent picture, but here it is.  This is my card for the Hymn and Scripture Challenge.  When I first saw it, I just couldn't find a verse OR think of anything creative.  Sometimes God has a different idea and He just waits for us to catch up.  That's what happened this time.  I just kept praying "Open my eyes, Lord" about anything and everything I had a problem with.  One of the things was my resentment of my job.  It has recently become way more demanding and the job I used to love is not the same job anymore.  So I determined to be thankful anyway - even for the fact that I have to go in.  It's a family business and my attitude can make or break the day for everyone around.
One day it occurred to me that if I didn't go in to work, I would rarely get to see my busy, busy son.  I believe it was God who opened my eyes to this fact.  So was it because I first obeyed by being thankful (barely) or because God is merciful and loving.  Anyway He opened my eyes which helped me to be very grateful.  The two phases I picked out are "Glimpses of Truth" and "The wonderful key".  I believe the key is Thankfulness.  My verse is Psalm 25:15  "My eyes are ever looking to the Lord for help".

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful ,with a wonderful scripture verse. It's wonderful what a thankful attitude did for you ,it's a wonderful lesson for me today !

    ReplyDelete