Sunday, March 2, 2014

Victorine #79 Anniversary

This is my card for the current Victorine Originals Challenge located HERE.  This time it's to make an Anniversary Card.  Sometimes I find it hard to make a specific card without a specific sentiment, but I love this rose bouquet stamp and I think it's what every woman would love to see on the anniversary of their wedding day.  (No, not the stamp - the bouquet for real)
I started with a piece of ivory cardstock and stamped the music background.  The edges on the music image are sharp and clean, but for this background I inked the stamp and then ran a cloth around the  edge to soften it.
Next I stamped the bouquet image and colored everything but the red roses and buds.  These are paper pieced with red cardstock.  The blue forget- me-not on the left is cut with an exacto knife so the black strip of cardstock could be pushed behind it.
I used the same red cardstock on the lower right corner, glued vintage lace over it and stamped a band of cardstock with the sentiment.  Oh, I almost forgot.  The LOVE stamp on top is from a Christmas stamp that says, PEACE LOVE JOY.  The hearts separate the words and I just masked off the two end words. 
 This challenge starts Monday 3-3-14, and will run for two weeks and there is always a drawing for prizes if you enter your card, so check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card, Carol! Like the flower image and coloring. Your lace trim w/ribbon looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete